While some may look forward to getting ready for bed, I personally find this long and boring process quite dreadful. Do I need to take my makeup off? Do I have to do my entire skin care routine? Do I need to brush my teeth? Put my retainer on? Well then, I guess I have to plan accordingly as this process can take anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes. Though it sounds like a lot, I do have to admit that once it’s over, I never feel cleaner or more comfortable. Building a bedtime routine can help, therefore I have suggested some tips directly below on how you can do so. But the light at the end of the tunnel for me and the main reason why I decided to write a blog post on this subject is because of the cozy pajamas you get to slip into once the routine is over. Depending on the kind of sleeper that you are, your pajama choice will vary. Because of this, I have sectioned the blog post by the kind of sleeper in order to give you my best pajama, underwear, and sock recommendations (if your section requires all three). In addition to the effect that your clothes will have on your sleep, a great mattress and set of sheets will only make your experience better. To read about some of our personal favorite mattresses and sheets, click here.
Tips to building a better bed time routine
1. Dim your lights so that your eyes are not exposed to bright light before you sleep.
2. Do your bathroom routine in a specific order. Having a lot of things to do can be overwhelming, but knowing what order you have to do them in can put your mind at ease.
3. Set your alarm for the next day.
4. Make yourself a cup of tea. (optional) Tea can help you sleep more peacefully.
5. Meditate! Though I really struggle with this one, meditation can really make a difference. Whether it’s just calming you down or taking your mind off things, meditation can help settle your mind and prepare you for a good night’s rest.
6. Take a warm bath. You will feel extremely relaxed and the transition from the warm water to the cold fresh sheets is a whole new level of refreshing.
7. Listen to calming music. Some sounds I would recommend are rain sounds, ocean sounds, nature sounds, or just any kind of white noise that will help your mind slip away into a peaceful sleep.
8. Write in a journal. Whether you’re just writing about how your day went or things you’re grateful for, the act of writing itself can reduce your stress and instill a sense of calmness in your mind.
9. Read a book. If I’m extremely awake, I’ll pull any book from out of my book shelf and start reading. Within 10 minutes, I feel relaxed and calm.
10. Any kind of relaxing activity! The list goes on and on.
For the cozy sleeper
The cozy sleeper is not worrying about how they look in their pajamas or what matches best together. The cozy sleeper just wants the upmost comfort. Upmost comfort can be achieved in a variety of ways such as an oversized hoodie or a comfortable material like cashmere. I have listed some of my personal favorite cozy pajamas, socks, and underwear below.
For the naked sleeper
The naked sleeper cannot get enough of their sheets. If they do decide to wear any pajamas, they must be extremely light and thin! Naked sleepers do not care for socks but underwear is important! I have linked some option below.
For the sexy sleeper – lingerie sleepwear, silk pajamas
For all my girls, this one’s for you! Sexy pajamas are supposed to make you feel, well I’m sure you can guess what I’m about to say, SEXY! I’ve listed some comfy sexy pj’s and some sexy pj’s that look better than they feel. I’ve also listed some undies and stockings. I guess it’s up to the occasion. 😉
For the holidays and for the family – Christmas pajamas
Getting ready for the holidays? What about the annual Christmas picture? What’s going to make this years Christmas pajamas different from last years? The material? The look of them? I have listed some of my favorite matching Christmas pajama options for the family below.
For the ones who love onesies
For all my onesie lovers who live in especially cold places, this one’s for you!
Aaaaand we can’t forget about the men, or can we? Hahaha only a joke. But seriously men want to feel cozy too and pajamas are the perfect gift if you’re struggling to figure out what to get your man. I have attached some of my favorites below.
For the pups – dog pajamas
Last but not least, the pupperinos!! The best part about every home are the doggo’s. For that reason, they must be cozy too! Below are some of my favorite dog pj’s. I have picked them based on the size of the dog.