The Ultimate Dessert to Impress Your Guests With - Lemon Vanilla Pound Cake
When life gives you lemons, you add them to your pound cake and make the most delicious dessert ever, duh! Because what better way to impress your guests than with a one of a kind recipe? Yeah…i’m also not sure. However, full disclaimer, this recipe is not my own. I took it from Nutmeg Nanny. But what I can say is that from all the lemon vanilla pound cakes that I have tried, this one is at the top of my list. So enjoy and let me know how it goes! As always, if there’s a specific dish you want me to make, don’t hesitate to reach out via the email in my about page.
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup unsalted butter (room temperature is better)
3 eggs (large ones are better)
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (can substitute with vanilla extract if you can’t find paste)
1 lemon, zested
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup whole milk
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
2 tablespoons half & half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add flour, kosher salt, and baking powder, whisk to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add sugar and butter. Mix on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes or until the butter and sugar are fluffy.
- On low speed add in the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each the addition of each egg.
- After the eggs are incorporated mix in the vanilla bean paste, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of the milk, and repeat until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool and cover with glaze.
For the glaze:
- Add powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla bean paste and half and half to a bowl. Stir to combine until there are no more lumps.